A little bit about Retreat Home Furniture
We have a simple, genuine mission to improve the lives of our employees, guests and communities.
Our store hours are structured to offer our employees balanced living - time to be with their family and friends and take in the many activities our special region offers.
We believe home isn't a place, it's a feeling, so we are passionate about creating environments for our guests that foster connection and create a lifetime of special memories.
Local services, craftsman and businesses are always our first choice when sourcing and giving back.
We feel very fortunate to be growing at a rapid pace and are looking for talented people who are eager to contribute to the mission and expand with us.
Why work at Retreat Home Furniture?
Great Benefits (full time employees):
- Medical Insurance Cost Share
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- IRA Match
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Merchandise Discount
Rewarding Work - Our enthusiastic, loyal customers regularly share their stories with us about the outstanding experiences they've had with our team and the excitement they feel for their redesigned home. Your efforts will be recognized and rewarded.
- 5 days week, always Friday & Saturday except approved vacation time
- 9:30 - 6 pm 4 days, 9-6 pm Friday
- Commission with monthly minimum guarantee
- Annual totals range between $50K - $100K/year
Warehouse & Delivery
- Warehouse hours are 8 am - 6 pm Monday - Saturday
- Starting Wage: $16-$20/hour
- Warehouse team members work most Saturdays.
- Scheduled days and hours vary by time of year and number of active employees.
- Work Schedule: 4 Days/week, 10 Hour Shifts
- Overtime common during peak season (summer)
Furniture Service Technician - Part Time
Retreat Home Furniture is seeking a handy, artistic, detail-oriented and organized individual.
As a furniture repair technician, you will be responsible for the repair and restoration process of assembled furniture and upholstery.
This position may include in-store and/or in-home repair work.
- Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery in the store and in customer's homes
- Locate replacement parts for furniture as necessary
- Maintain a log of service items and records of all sales and repairs.
- Maintaining the safety standards set forth by employer
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience working with wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Comfortable working with hands and an aptitude for craftsmanship, artistic and/or carpentry services
- Ability to lift, lower, push or pull furniture up to and in excess of 100lb (with assistance if needed)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certification in Furniture Repair/Restoration, preferred